Clinical Partners is one of the leading providers of mental health services who work both privately and with the NHS to help people and families experiencing mental health and emotional difficulties to get better. We have clinicians working across the UK who meet with patients online, over the phone, or in-person, and are always expertly matched to meet individual needs. To support our patient focused approach, we have a growing team of support staff that ensure day to day operations of the business run smoothly.
We are looking for empathetic and knowledgeable psychology graduate to join our Private Outpatients team, on a full time, permanent basis.
The job’s main purpose is to be the first point of contact for our patients. As part of the triage team, you will use your clinical knowledge to provide information to enable you to successfully signpost the person onto the correct path. This will require you to use effective questioning skills to gain all the information you need in order for the patient to receive the best service possible.
• To act as the first point of contact for Clinical Partners Private Outpatient Services.
• To triage patients seeking help from our services, using your clinical knowledge, and taking into account our exclusion criteria.
• To manage the booking, changing, and cancelling of appointments, virtual or face-to-face, on our purpose-built database.
• Maintain accurate, up to date records of all patient information including attendances, appointments, assessments, and ongoing care.
• To appropriately deal with questions and queries from professionals, patients, carers and family members adhering to confidentiality policies at all times.
• To record and report clinical governance issues including, but not limited to, incidents, complaints, data breaches and safeguarding concerns.
• Seek advice where necessary to manage risks and concerns.
• Minimum of undergraduate degree in Psychology or relevant subject
• To demonstrate first-hand experience working or volunteering in a mental health setting.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Good communication skills
• Ability to prioritise
• Clear understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality in all areas of work
• Knowledge of mental health terminology
• Excellent telephone manner, clear confident style
• Resilience and ability to cope under pressure
• More than just a laptop – we offer all the IT equipment you will need to set up your home working environment
• Pension scheme
• 25 days paid holiday (increasing with service to 28 days)
• Day off for your birthday
• Wellbeing portal and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Eyecare Scheme/Company contribution towards eye tests and glasses
We reserve the right to close this role before the stated closing date. We try our best to get back to everyone, however due to the large number of applicants, this isn’t always possible.